What is a job seeker visa?
The job seeker visa for Germany is a Long-Term Residency Permit, which allows you to stay in the country for six (6) months and look for a job. If at the end of the six (6) months you have found a place of employment, you will be given the Germany work visa or a Germany work permit and you will be allowed to work and live there.
Please note that having a job seeker visa does not allow you to start working immediately in Germany. It only means that you can visit the country and look for a job during your stay.
In order to obtain this visa, you need the following:
Eligibility of applicants
There are several criteria that you need to fulfill to be eligible to apply for the Germany job seeker visa. These are as follows:
– Hold a Bachelor of Master’s Degree from a German university or an equivalent foreign degree
– Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in your related field of study
– Show proof that you have sufficient funds to cover your stay during the time you are in Germany
– Have travel or medical insurance for your entire stay in Germany or until you get your Work Permit Documents for Application
– A valid passport (issued in the past 10 years and valid for at least 12 months after your scheduled return)
– A copy of your passport’s data page
– 3 passport pictures based on biometric specifications
– A cover letter where you explain the objective of your visit, how you plan to find employment, and your alternative career plans if you cannot find a job
– Diploma of your degree (or any other proof of academic qualification from a German or non-German university) as well as any certificates of previous work experience
– Your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Proof of accommodation in Germany (where you will be staying for your visit)
– Documents of your financial situation such as a bank account statement which proves you can finance your stay in Germany
– Proof of personal status in your home country, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, and others (translated in English)
– Proof of your health insurance
Application form and appointment
After you have gathered the necessary documents, the final step is to fill out an
application form and book an appointment for an interview.
Your background and documents, application form, and interview will determine
whether you will be granted the Germany job seeker visa.